Michael Samaniego is a proud advocate of everyday people. He was born in El Paso, Texas, and is a second-generation Mexican American. He graduated from the University of Texas in El Paso, serving as president of the Chicano Pre-Law Society and captain of the Rugby team.
After graduating with a Bachelor of Business Administration in Economics, Michael studied at Texas Tech University School of Law in Lubbock, Texas. He was an editor at the Texas Tech Law Review and authored an article titled “Driving into Trouble: How State Multidistrict Litigation Procedures Can Steer Plaintiffs into Federal Court.”
Michael also exemplified his ability to represent clients by zealously participating in law school advocacy competitions. Michael was the highest-ranked advocate in competition standings in his law school class. He won a mock trial and moot court championship, the ABA National Arbitration Championship, and was recognized as an outstanding advocate in three competitions.
For his achievements, Michael was inducted into the Order of Barristers, a nationally recognized society for top graduates who excelled in advocacy. While in law school, Michael was awarded a Grade Distinction Award for Legal Writing and Depositions and was a summer clerk for the Honorable David Briones at the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas.
After graduating from law school with honors, Michael worked as a tax controversy attorney and represented small and medium-sized businesses against federal, state, and local tax authorities. As a tax controversy attorney, Michael successfully represented multiple clients in tax audits and sustained millions of dollars in benefits for his clients.
As a bilingual attorney, Michael has always focused on providing the best representation for needy people. He demonstrates his commitment to public service by volunteering his time to various important causes, including CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates), Innocence Project of Texas, and Las Americas Immigration Advocacy Center. In 2019, the State Bar of Texas Pro-Bono College recognized Michael for donating more than fifty hours of free legal services annually.
Since Michael is not a native Houstonian, he spends his free time exploring the city and learning more about its unique culture. He is excited to continue learning more about Houston and the great people who live here.
Michael is part of the Williams Hart & Boundas personal injury team representing people who have been seriously injured by the negligence of others. Williams Hart & Boundas is proud to have attorneys who are passionate about client advocacy and quality representation.
Early in my career, I learned that there is no greater purpose and honor in life than to help others who are going through a tough time in their lives. I dedicated myself to fighting for what is right and ensuring justice is served for our clients.
Areas of Practice
Licensed to Practice
- State of Texas
- U.S. Southern District of Texas
Memberships & Affiliations
- Texas State Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas Pro-Bono College
- Las Americas Immigrant Advocacy Center
- Innocence Project of Texas
- CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate)
Awards & HOnors
- Grade Distinction Award for Legal Writing and Depositions
- Inducted into the Order of Barristers
Juris Doctor, cum laude, 2021
- Texas Tech Law Review Vol. 53, Editor
- George W. and Sarah H. Dupree Award, For Outstanding Achievement in Law School
- Grade Distinction Award, Legal Writing and Depositions
- Texas Bar Foundation Scholarship | Elvia Alvarado Endowed Scholarship | Public Interest AwardStudent Bar Association, Class Curriculum Representative (elected all three years)
The University of Texas at El Paso, El Paso, Texas
Bachelor of Business Administration in Economics, 2015
- Chicano Pre-Law Society, President | Varsity Rugby Team, Captain
- Alliantgroup, LP and Zerbe, Miller, Fingeret, Frank & Jadav, LLP, Houston, Texas August 2021–June 2022
- Civil Practice Clinic, Lubbock, Texas August 2020–May 2021
- Lanier Law Firm, Houston, Texas July 2020–August 2020
- Zinda Law Group, Austin, Texas
Law Clerk May 2020–June 2020
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas, El Paso, Texas
Summer Judicial Clerk for The Honorable David Briones May 2019 –July 2019